Date Last Revised: August 31, 2016
Collection and Use of Personal Information
By using or accessing the Service in any manner, you acknowledge that you accept and agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the Policy and hereby agree that we may collect, use, and share information submitted by you or collected on your behalf from a third-party as set forth in this Policy.
What Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about you in connection with your use of the Service, including but not limited to:
- Information by which you may be personally identified such name, postal address, email address, credit card information, telephone number, bank account information and credit information (such as credit scores).
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as demographic information, industry information, salary or revenue information.,
- Information provided by Mexico’s Tax Administration Service Information (Servicio de Administracion Tributaria - SAT, by its Spanish acronym)
- Mexican tax-related information such as your Mexican Federal Tax Identification Number (Registro Federal del Contribuyente - RFC, by its Spanish acronym)
Ways Information Is Collected
Paybook collects information you provide when visiting the Site and/or registering for and using the Services. When you visit the Site, we automatically log your operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type, language and the referring web addresses. We also collect information about your usage of and activity on the Site. Some of the ways in which we collect information are:
- Direct input by you, such as your registration information for the Site.
- Cookies, which are small files stored on your hard drive that help Paybook provide preferential offers and services. The content in the cookie is set by Paybook’s server and may be used by that server whenever you visit the Site. A cookie can be viewed as a user's virtual “identification card”, which tells a website when you have returned.
- Web Beacons, which are electronic images that capture user statistics and activities that allow Paybook to analyze site usage and improve services.
- Third-party service providers, which may be used to help Paybook analyze your online activities. All third party providers must comply with this Policy.
- Web storage or DOM Storage, which are software methods and protocols used for storing data on a web browser.
Any data you provide to Paybook is provided through the Site, mobile app or the Service, unless you initiate an email, phone, chat or other conversation with Paybook's Customer Care or other support staff, in which case Customer Care or support staff may collect your data via the other means by which you provided the information.
How Paybook uses identifiable User and Company Information
Paybook does not rent or sell personally identifiable information to any person or entity for any reason. Paybook uses and discloses your unique information only as follows:
- to fulfill your (and your end-user's) requests for products and services;
- to analyze site usage and improve the Service;
- for market research, project planning, troubleshooting, fraud or other criminal activity;
- to communicate with you regarding and process/deliver contest entries/rewards;
- to provide products/services and related information like confirmation notices, invoices, updates, security, support, admin messages and technical notices;
- to provide information about events, news about other products, and provide better services;
- to third-party contractors bound by the same privacy restrictions set forth in this Policy; and
- as otherwise set forth by this Policy.
How You Can Access or Change Your Information
You can access and change your registration information any time via the Service at www.paybook.com.
Non-disclosure of Personal Data
Paybook takes reasonable measures to protect your information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, disclosure, unauthorized access, alteration and destruction. We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures to maintain the security of your online session and to protect Paybook accounts and systems.
- Encryption: Paybook uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption, the same encryption used by banks, which means your data is scrambled and unreadable to unauthorized parties. AES is also the encryption technology used to protect top-secret government documents. It requires the same encryption key to both encrypt and decrypt the data, so any party receiving the data must have the encryption key to access it. All back-up data (including your password) are encrypted so that such data cannot be recovered, even by Paybook or its employees.
- Automatic Time-Outs: For security reasons, if a session sits idle for ten minutes, Paybook will automatically time-out and you will be logged-out of your session. There will be a one-minute warning before the connection is dropped so the session can be continued without interruption.
- Mobile App Protection: Mobile app users will be asked to create a 4-digit passcode to provide faster log-ins while still safeguarding data. If a device is lost or stolen, its access to the Service can be deactivated remotely via the web application.
- Read Only Access: Information imported by third-parties is sent in a read-only format. This means funds cannot be transferred or withdrawn by Paybook.
- Physical Security: Paybook’s servers are housed in a secure facility that is monitored 24/7. Access is tightly controlled and requires multiple levels of authentication including ID verification and biometric recognition.
Although we do our best to protect your information, the transmission and storage of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to and from the Service. In addition, Paybook has no control over and does not guarantee how your information is stored, maintained and displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
Sharing And Disclosure
Paybook may disclose and transfer your information (including personally identifiable information) to a third party in the event of a sale, acquisition, merger, or reorganization. When such information is transferred, you will be notified by email.
Changing or Deleting Your Account
You may delete your Paybook account at any time. Once the account is deleted, identifiable information is permanently expunged from our servers and no longer accessible. Portions of your data consisting of aggregate or anonymous information derived from your account may remain in our servers and may be used by Paybook at any time in accordance with this Policy.
You may receive regular scheduled summaries regarding your account and email alerts. We may also transmit emails or promote third-party products and services. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails on the Site.
Account & Password & Security
Paybook encrypts all information from the time you submit your login ID and passphrase and sets rules in place to keep others from guessing your passphrase. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your credentials and agree not to provide them to any third-party. Paybook will never ask for account or bank credentials outside of our secure system. If you are asked for private financial information via email, phone or chat, do not disclose your information and report this to us. If you believe your Login ID and passphrase have been stolen, you should immediately contact Paybook and change your passphrase.
We recommend you follow the guidelines below to safeguard your information:
- Do not share your API access credentials with anyone.
- Change your passphrase regularly.
- Make sure you are on our secure site. Look for the green VeriSign lock in front of our URL.
- Always log out of Paybook when your session ends.
- Install and keep updated anti-virus, anti-spyware on your work and/or home computer.
- Use a firewall.
If you have any questions or concerns over the security of your information, please contact us at [email protected].
Additional Terms for Paybook Sync Services
You acknowledge and agree that Paybook, its employees, agents and third party subcontractors may: (i) use the Protected Information internally to offer and improve the APIs, the Service or any other Paybook product or service; (ii) use and disclose the Protected Information, to the extent permitted by law, in any way that: (A) does not divulge any personally identifiable information about you or your End Users; and (B) does not disclose that the Protected Information is obtained from Paybook’s contractual relationship with you. Without limiting the foregoing, Paybook may use anonymized and aggregated Protected Information for any purpose, including research and service improvement, and may use, display, distribute or authorize such anonymous aggregate research information for the goal of assisting Paybook improve its Service (or offer or improve any additional Paybook products or services), to improve Paybook’s user experience and to help provide customer support. If you are a trial or paid user of Paybook’s Sync Service, Paybook may also use your company or organization’s name for marketing purposes as set forth in your Sync Service Agreement.
Changes to Paybook’s Privacy and Security Policy
Periodic updates to this Policy will be posted on our website. Changes take effect immediately upon posting. The date last revised appears at the top of the Policy.